Bulky wardrobes and cabinets serve as reliable storage for things of all sizes. However, it is with the help of wall shelves that you can decorate a wall in any room in a special way. If we approach the selection of these interior elements especially responsibly, beautiful shelves can also be very roomy.
The versatility of the shelves is that such attributes can be created from any materials using the most varied decor. They organically look in the interior of any stylistic direction and ideological concept. Beautiful placement of these items is appropriate in the bathroom and in the kitchen, in the nursery and living room, in the bedroom and even in the toilet.
Any wall construction is a simple and inexpensive way to decorate both large and small rooms. With the help of the smallest shelves for shoes or coasters made of glass in the kitchen, you can add a special charm and flavor to everyday situations, and save work space.
Design features and scope of use
The design of the shelves depends on their design features. There are many options for the design and configuration of such products:
- Minimalistic with one functional surface;
- Huge designs in the interior, looking like huge cabinets with open niches;
- Decorated installations in the voids and niches of interior walls.
There are closed, open and combined structures. One of the alternative options that combine the functional qualities of those and others, are shelves with glass doors.
The richness of the forms and the diversity of stylistic solutions
The design of the shelves implies complete freedom not only in the choice of material, but also in terms of the selection of the shape, configuration, size and auxiliary decor. A regular kitchen shelf can be curved or curved, formed into a fancy line or even a complex pattern.
On a wide wall in the living room or bedroom with the help of simple elements you can form a shelf that simulates a wave. In the miniature hallway or corridor there is a place for a modest "diamond" or "square".
Plays an important functional load. For example, the design of shelves in the kitchen, designed for storing spices, and the design of glass shelves in the nursery, where the photos and awards of the child are located, will not differ much from each other. But the design of bookshelves and the creation of designs for massive flower arrangements will differ significantly from each other.
The decor of the shelves, as well as the layout of all interior items, requires imagination and the presence of a certain taste. Inspired by miniature products, it is important not to overdo it with the amount of detail. For example, in a room with a total area of 18 square meters should not be more than 10 shelves. This is a valid amount. In general, it should be limited to 3-5 shelves. You can have them as you like:
- Complementing overall cabinets and "walls";
- Filling the voids on the wall;
- Forming an independent installation on the wall.
In the interior, the shelves look organically above the sofa, under or above the window opening, along the entire wall, low on the floor or almost under the ceiling itself. The most functional places for shelves:
- Book shelves in the study or in the children's room, directly in the study area;
- Small design above the desk in any room;
- Installation in the kitchen for storage of various products, household items or as a decor in the interior;
- In the bathroom near the shower, bath or washbasin;
- In the hallway and corridor as a storage for keys and other small attributes.
Lovers of "green corners" use shelves as elements to create real flower arrangements. Using simple elements near the window itself (if good insolation is required) or in a more secluded corner (if plants like shade) you can create a convenient in all respects design for home flowers.
Today, furniture manufacturers offer both strict classics and a shocking avant-garde. It is easy to choose a model that is suitable for the style. And special craftsmen can do something with their own hands or use simple models as a base, allowing the most magnificent decor of bookshelves or attributes for the kitchen.
Here are just a few examples:
- In the interior of hi-tech, minimalist modern or laconic classics, place weightless shelves with hidden mounting type made of glass, high-quality plastic or metal;
- Many interesting ideas can be realized in a thematic children's room. Corner shelves in this case are considered the most capacious and reliable. The simplest option is multi-colored models that can be supplemented with multi-colored drawings;
- In the kitchen, you can place a symbiosis of open and closed shelves, which are designed to store "unaesthetic" things, as well as for a spectacular display of kitchen decor. To the hostess easily opened the right door at the right time, it is important to place the shelves at arm's length near the working area;
- The bathroom has mounted or corner shelves made of materials that tolerate moisture well. Usually it is glass and plastic;
- In classic interior compositions, simple wooden shelves for books, souvenirs and various decorative objects are placed.
The most extraordinary ideas and ideas can be translated into reality using a simple shelf (you can even the old and dilapidated) for a spectacular decoration of space. In this case, all possible materials are used: from ordinary paint and attributes for decoupage to bulk 3D stickers and drawings of a child.
Classic space design options
The simplest design of wall shelves involves the use of a game with a background and objects that are placed on an installed structure. You can use the shelf of unusual shape and place it in a restrained interior. There is also a reverse version: simple and devoid of any decorative excesses mounted on the background of an unusual and unusual decor.
It will be possible to transform the interior not only by creating the original design of the bookshelves that are built into the standard furniture set, but also by changing the height of their location, if possible. In addition to the new location, it is important to refresh the filling of the shelves themselves. Always look favorably vases, statues, cups and other memorabilia.
How to make a shelf with your own hands?
If the design of the shelves on the wall with your own hands suggests the presence of a special design, you can make a piece of furniture and decor yourself. When ideas have already been formed, materials for decoration and other inventory have been selected, it is necessary to clearly consider the constructional qualities of the shelf itself.
First, make up a drawing of the future shelf, form the details, think through the nuances about how they will be attached to each other. If you have skills in working with electricity and are familiar with the specifics of LED lighting, the new piece of furniture can be supplemented with appropriate lighting.