The 21st century has come into our lives not only with new technologies, but also with new thinking, new fashion and new aesthetics. The desire to make their home light, spacious and unique forces people to use light and elegant designs - interior arches and portals instead of the doors in the interior of the apartment. Moreover, they are used not only in small premises or in Khrushchev houses, but also in apartments with a large area. Among the decor in the modern interior interior arches are not the last and differ from the portals in a round vault.
What are interior arches for?
Why arches, but not portals, attract more attention of designers? Probably because the interior arch design is more refined, and its ancient and Arabic roots put the interior status on a high level of decoration. And the straight lines and angles of the portals are still not as comfortable and aesthetic as the arched bend. The bend that looks elegant in the interior of any room and, dividing the space, still unites it into a single whole.
Interior arches in the interior of the home are not just a decorative element, but also the basis for expanding the space. The arched aperture shape stretched upward visually increases the height of the room, and the “wide” arch visually expands the boundaries of the room, combining the two rooms, but leaving each zone untouched.
Interior arches: the form dictates the style
The time of rectangular doorways and doors is a thing of the past, and the arches, with their variety of forms and décor, are increasingly gaining popularity in decorating interior doors. Their shape of the vault is diverse and is associated with a certain style in architecture, and therefore with the style of the interior.
- Florentine (semicircular) form of the arch is most common in interior design and is often used in styles such as Provence, Classic, Mediterranean.
- Segmental arches with a small radius of curvature are used in an apartment with small openings. They are also well suited for apartments with low ceilings and wide doorways. “Favorite” styles of such arches are minimalism, loft, hi-tech.
- Interior arches having an elliptical shape, ideally divide the room into zones. Basically it is a large interior arches, the width of which can be almost the entire wall. Ideal in art nouveau and art deco styles.
- Three-center arches look gorgeous in large rooms, where there are wide interior portals. Fits perfectly into chalet style, classic, country style.
- Parabolic arches are used only in those rooms where the height of the ceiling allows you to pull the arch up. Exquisite Oriental and Arabic style, in which parabolic arches are used, every year is more and more popular among interior designers.
- Horseshoe interroom arches - an example of a traditional, classical arch. They are equally interesting for the Moroccan style and Provence style, as well as for high-tech and modern styles.
Today in the building stores and catalogs offer many beautiful options for ready-made interior arches. It affects not only the variety of shapes, sizes and materials, but also the decoration of interior arches.
The material of arched interior openings depends on very many aspects: on the material and thickness of the walls, on the size, shape and thickness of the arch itself, on the design and style, on how much the structure weighs. The simplest and cheapest to manufacture are considered interior drywall arches. The main task of this design is to shape the doorway. All subsequent lining of interior arches involves the most diverse finishes. Original drywall arches are obtained after finishing them with mosaic or artificial stone.
The art of decorating interior arches
Interior arches - this is not just one of the methods of interior solutions to expand the space. They have not only practical, but also aesthetic value in the interior. The decor of the arches, their lining and decoration make their particular charm, their highlight, in the interior of the dwelling. The decor of the arches should fit into the style of the whole interior, and therefore the design of the arches is an art.
For decoration of interior arches in some modern styles use the system of freedom of the material. Without loading a special decor, the arch of the arch (most often of stone or brick) is used as additional storage space. Shelves, niches, lamps for lighting, small storage facilities are practical and simple in execution, but they bring a certain entourage to the interior of the dwelling.
Baroque, Empire, antique, classical style and such modern styles as art nouveau are more diverse in the performance of facing interior arches. In these styles, the arches of plasterboard and foam are decorated with stucco, woodwork and carvings. Ceramics, mosaics, light stone and brick slates or their imitation are used in the design of interior arches in the style of boho, loft, etc.
Color solutions for interior arches
Interior arches are remarkable not only for the variety of design solutions, but also for the color palette. The color of the arch depends on the style and on the color scheme of the rooms that the arch connects.
- For the kitchen and hallway, made in gray, blue or crimson tones is very suitable arch, painted in cold shades of wenge.
- In the interior of the bedroom and living room, the arches of lighter shades or the same tones as the walls of the rooms are acceptable.
- Living room and hallway: against the light walls, the arch of darker tones would look best.
- Arches of natural wood color will suit almost all color solutions of interior walls.
Before choosing the color of the arch, it is best to look at the combinations in the catalog or in a special magazine for interior solutions.
More and more often, when planning the interior, designers suggest using interior arches and portals instead of doors. And not only in order to save space or its expansion, but also to bring in the interior style a unique fashionable accent.