Finishing the kitchen is not an easy task, because you need to create not only a comfortable and cozy atmosphere, but also to ensure ease of cleaning. Ceramic tiles for the kitchen will allow you to decorate the floor, apron and countertop in an original and beautiful way. However, it is important to know how to choose a tile depending on its purpose, design and color in the interior of the kitchen.
Floor tiles for the kitchen - the most successful way to finish the floor. Despite this, many prefer to use linoleum. The choice in favor of this material is primarily due to the fact that the tile is a cold coating. This problem is solved with the help of warm floor technology. Floor tiles in this case is best suited for this because of the high thermal conductivity.
Tile for the kitchen on the apron - a great way to design a work area. Finishing the kitchen tiles allows you to protect the walls from splashing water and grease, exposure to high temperature and the formation of soot. And if you use bright glass for an apron, you can stylishly decorate even the most modest kitchen.
Wall tiles for the kitchen should be of high quality. The working area needs regular and thorough cleaning with detergents, so the material must be resistant to mechanical and chemical stress. In addition, it should not deteriorate due to temperature extremes and constant humidity.
Tiles can also be used to make kitchen worktops. With quality work, the tabletop is as beautiful as the surface lined with stone. However, compared to stone or marble, this design option will be cheaper. The durability and strength of the table top will depend on the right choice of tile covering.
However, in this case, the care of the table top will become somewhat problematic. Numerous seams will need special treatment so that the grout will not change color.
In order for the kitchen interior to look stylish and beautiful, the tiles must be matched in color and design with furniture, walls and accessories. This does not mean that the color of the elements must match. You can use a variety of successful combinations of contrasting colors.
Laying tiles in the kitchen is the best way to decorate the work surface and floor, so you should pay attention to fashion trends in decorating the walls and floor of the kitchen:
- Tiles under the tree. The best option for registration of the floor. A large tile with wood imitation is perfectly combined with any styles in the interior, it looks respectable and stylish.
- Tiles bricks for the kitchen. Used for Italian or Mediterranean style. Brick tiles create a cozy and warm atmosphere. Such tiles can decorate certain parts of the kitchen, make bright accents or use it for the design of a single wall.
- Tile under the stone. The design of the floor in the kitchen can be made using floor stone tiles. It will be a great addition to wooden furniture and wrought iron elements.
- Imitation of the skin. To create an atmosphere of luxury and wealth. It can be an imitation of snake, zebra or tiger skin that fits into the African interior.
- PVC tile. Durable and durable PVC tile used for rooms with high humidity. PVC tile prevents the occurrence of mold and mildew. In addition, PVC tile allows you to show imagination using different colors and patterns. In modern kitchen, you can lay out PVC tiles in a staggered manner. Plastic bright floor tiles - the best solution for lovers of modern and at the same time affordable materials.
- Glass tile for the kitchen. The original way to arrange the walls and floor. It can be a combination of gloss and frosted glass, tiles with a pattern or plain transparent materials. If you want to get a delicate and at the same time bright ornament, we combine transparent tiles and tiles, inside of which there are pebbles, shells or three-dimensional drawings.
- Textured tile. Bright tile with intricate textures stops the material in an exclusive way to decorate the walls. If you want the tile to have less convex parts, you can choose a material that will combine matte tiles with a glossy pattern.
- Tile mosaic. Excellent tile in Provence style, which can be both monophonic and with patterns. It can be used in the style of a classic, combining black, white and pastel colors.
When choosing materials, one should take into account not only their cost, but also the color, texture, size and other features of the tile.
To get a solid, beautiful and durable surface, you need to know how to lay tiles in the kitchen. If you understand how to properly tile, you can easily perform all the work yourself.
First you need to prepare the surface, clearing it from the old coating and leveling. After that, a special glue should be applied to the surface. We place the first tile, and tap it with a rubber mallet. Then lays out all the tiles in turn. Layout tiles should be perfectly smooth. To check this, you can use the ruler. It remains only zagugovat seams.