Ceramic tiles for the kitchen - a popular material used for the design of kitchen space. Products differ in high esthetic indicators and simplicity in leaving. But when you need to choose which solution to use in the interior, some difficulties arise. In addition to visual appeal, performance is also required.
Typically, wall tiles are applicable to create a kitchen apron, located above the work area. When buying a tile for this purpose, you should follow simple rules:
- Glossy finish is an ideal product if you want to visually expand the space. In addition, it is easy to clean.
- Lack of relief. The kitchen is the place where all surfaces are often contaminated. Therefore, it is recommended to use a smooth tile that is not difficult to quickly clean.
- White is what you need for an apron. To revitalize the interior, you can do the laying of mosaic, but in general, the design in bright colors is always a winning option.
- If you do not want to bother with cleaning, purchase goods in beige or light brown shades. They will help to hide pollution and dried water droplets.
The main criteria for the purchase
Selecting building materials for a kitchen apron, check the presence of a protective coating. It is responsible for the resistance of the tile to the effects of active chemicals. Cleaning will also be faster: with special tools you can effectively remove dirt and grease. You can find such products by marks A or AA.
- Production 10 on 10. Such model is considered the most popular among consumers. It has an advantage in comparison with large format - it requires much less trimming, which reduces consumption. For a small-sized room, this solution will be optimal, since it is able to visually expand the space and not overload it. Another plus is a comfortable lining even in the most inaccessible places.
- Ceramic tiles under the brick. Often this option is called "hog" (because of the chamfered bevels on the edges). The shape of the elements is similar to small bricks. Such tiles can decorate the kitchen in a modern and classic design.
- Mosaic. Considered more expensive to implement than previous methods. However, the result will surely please you. The surface of the building material imitates a real mosaic, thus decorating the finish. Care will be somewhat difficult, but with regular cleaning you can achieve perfect cleanliness.
Floor tiles for the kitchen is selected taking into account a number of characteristics that are written on the package in the form of icons:
- Wear resistance class. This parameter is especially important, as the kitchen has a high traffic. The poor-quality tile will quickly be erased. It is recommended to stay at grade 3-5 on the international scale PEI or grade 5 according to GOST. What will it give? Slow wear of products, resistance to point shocks, increased operational life.
- Resistance to chemical aggressive media. To make the product look good after applying household chemicals, choose tile class A, AA.
- Slip resistance - friction coefficient 0.75.
- Low porosity tiles. The glazed surface will protect from moisture absorption.
- Immunity to fade. Make sure that the package showed the sun. This indicator indicates that the material will not fade with ultraviolet rays over time. The characteristic is very important if the kitchen is located on the sunny side.
All these tips will help make the right choice and be satisfied with the result!