The design of the bathroom with mosaic tiles is a chic and elegant option. Properly selected, mosaic tile for the bathroom can give nobility to this room even in a small panel Khrushchev. Therefore, it is not surprising that now many apartment and homeowners choose this type of decor in the decoration of their bathrooms. However, it must be said that the process of laying out the mosaic is quite laborious and, therefore, such work will cost much more than a standard tile. But the result, of course, will be much more interesting. For the opportunity to admire such beauty and you can pay once, but then for many years happy to go into your bathroom. In the article we will look at what the nuances of decorating a bathroom with mosaic tiles are.
What are the benefits of using mosaic tiles in our bathroom?
- Mosaic in the bathroom is much smarter and more stylish looks than the usual tile.
- Mosaic fine details are much easier to lay out and arrange inaccessible corners and joints, including the floor. While the tile must be carefully customized, any centimeter can be fatal and spoil the whole design. In the case of mosaic errors in the calculations will not be so noticeable.
- When using mosaic material is consumed more economically. Virtually no remains and debris. After all, the mosaic does not have to cut. There will always be exactly the part that fits for a given angle, butt. From the tile, however, sometimes there are enough spoiled, cut pieces that will have to be thrown out. But for them the money was paid.
- With the help of mosaics, you can lay out the whole picture in the bathroom, complex compositions, panels, convey gradients, and other nuances in the form of different colors. A floor mosaic will decorate the floor and bathroom. In the case of tile this is impossible because of its considerable size.
- Such a design will cost more than tile facing.
- It may be difficult to find a master with the hands. Such a small and painstaking work, especially a panel or a combination of mosaic-tree, requires a certain skill. Novice finisher is unlikely to satisfy your needs. Only an experienced master will be able to handle complicated and expensive mosaics.
Simple mosaic tile
Because of the complexity of laying out the mosaic canvas, the developers came up with ways to cope with laying out the mosaic in the bathroom, even on their own. Consider what these methods are.
This is a wall or floor mosaic on the basis - paper or mesh. Pieces of material here are already applied to a special flexible base. It remains only to apply glue and glue the blank on the bathroom wall. This gives the decoration a simplification: the work goes faster, and its result will only slightly differ from the "real" mosaic, which is applied in individual pieces.
A big plus is that you can find both a single-color type of material, as well as various panels and even paintings, already selected in color and shades. You just have to put them on the walls like puzzles. There is another design, where wood and mosaic are combined, also looks very beautiful.
Mosaic can not only decorate the walls of the bathroom. If you continue to design on the floor, then this can achieve a more harmonious picture, rather than if you finish the floor and walls with different materials. The most elegant looks are the bathrooms, in which the walls, the ceiling and the floor - everything is decorated with a similar shade of mosaic. The most expensive bathrooms are decorated in this style, for example, under a tree. Even in a small bathroom mosaic panels will look gorgeous. This material even trim tables and cabinets in the bathroom. Features of the bathroom floor cladding:
- For the floor needed a more durable and thick tile mosaic for the bathroom. If the wall tile can be glass, then for the floor - better durable ceramics, which is guaranteed to withstand the weight of furniture and people.
- Mosaic floor design will be more expensive than wall decoration, as thicker and more massive elements will be more expensive in their own right, just like wood for decorating. This also applies to a small square.
- Sometimes in order to arrange the floor in the bathroom, they use sea round pebbles, which are specially treated, for example, under a tree. Such a bath is especially good and logical in the coastal houses and cottages, decorated in a relaxing style.
- If desired, the design of the floor in the bathroom can be made even monotonous, even with an ornament, even put a beautiful panel on it, if space permits. Therefore, there is enough space for the manifestation of their creative abilities. You can make a unique composition, turning your bathroom into a work of art.
- Ceramics are not afraid of mechanical damage, it is moisture resistant. Most often, it is her choice. Ceramic mosaic for floor keeps heat well in cool time and cools in heat.
- Glass mosaic in the interior of the bathroom is not afraid of high temperatures and water. But if the glass has some time to come into contact with an acidic medium, it will begin to break down.
- The stone variety of material (for example, in the form of pebbles) is not afraid of water, it is very durable and looks great in the bathroom, even in a small one. But such a finish is inherent in the highest price. Yes, and it is not sold in every store building materials. To have a decent selection of shapes and colors, you will most likely have to order this type of material on the Internet.
- Wall mosaic of smalt also enjoys well-deserved popularity. Smalt is a piece of durable opaque glass. It can be of different colors and shapes, for example, you can choose the color under the tree. From the smalt make various paintings and murals, including to order. For example, you can order a full-length portrait from masters and admire this panel while taking a bath.
- There is even a metal mosaic. It is great for the bathroom, its special treatment makes the material resistant to rust and corrosion.
Professional finishers recommend to choose ceramics or glass for walls, and if you want to make the floor, then choose a stone or granite. Some masters even recommend making a mosaic design combined with a regular tile. Such a wall construction looks unusual, but stylish and interesting - for example, you can make a composition under a tree. This gives an individual design to the bathroom and reduces the cost of the project.
How to care
Suppose you made a mosaic panel in your bathroom and enjoy the result. But now you need to learn how to take care of this beauty, so that it pleases the eye as long as possible:
- Good ventilation is essential for this design. Think over this question. If you do not provide sufficient access to air in the room, then due to the increased humidity soon you will see an annoying mold or fungus at the joints and seams, which in no way decorate the design of the bathroom.
- From time to time, treat the seams with special fungicides - solutions that prevent the formation and spread of mold and fungus. They also handle wood well.
In general, you do not have to constantly carry out some complex care behind mosaic tiles. It is strong enough and serves for a long time. If the antique mosaic is preserved in good condition, then in our bathroom it will certainly serve as long as necessary. So feel free to decorate your bathroom with beautiful shiny pieces of stone or ceramics and enjoy a great result every day.