If you want the apartment design to look really unusual and bright, then the ethno-style in this case is best suited. It reflects the national motives, traditions and customs. But its implementation is the most difficult, because there are not just used certain colors and shapes. To make the interior look complete, it is necessary to introduce objects and accessories typical of a certain culture into it.
The concept of ethno-style is quite broad, so you can select its various types. That is why it is necessary in each situation to talk about a specific direction. This style can be divided into the following areas:
- English and many others.
And the design of the apartment is developed most often, taking into account how the interior was in antiquity. For example, choosing the Egyptian style, you will decorate the room elements inherent in the era of ancient Egypt.
Characteristic features of this style
There are several characteristic features that are common to all ethnic styles:
- These styles involve the use of exclusively natural materials. Decor items, furniture, accessories and decoration elements should be made only of stone, wood and other natural materials;
- The colors chosen reflect the traditional motifs of a particular country. But they, as a rule, are juicy, bright, saturated and repeating the colors of nature;
- In most cases, ethno archaic styles, but still there are modern exceptions;
- The main components of ethnic stylistics are the elements of decor and household items characteristic of a particular country;
- The interior must contain drawings and typical patterns of the selected country.
Differences in ethnic styles are due to the fact that cultural traditions and the lifestyle of a community of people largely depend on the position of the country, its climate and many other conditions. This style has many fans, and its use is appropriate in the following cases:
- This style is particularly appropriate in the interior of a private house. A very good view is created when this style is used to design not only one room, but the whole house. This will allow you to immerse yourself in the culture of the chosen country;
- Also in this style can be designed by the city apartment. But here the choice of direction should be approached more seriously, depending on the area of the apartment and the number of rooms. After all, some interior solutions are more suitable for spacious rooms, while others will be appropriate to look in miniature rooms;
- Profitable style looks when you make themed restaurants, bars and cafes. This will allow guests to fully immerse themselves in the atmosphere of the country where their food is served;
- He is also able to fit well into any thematic institution, for example, in a gift shop or travel agency.
Variants of using ethno-style
There are two possible ways to implement the style:
- Authentic ethnics;
- Ethnic mix.
The first option provides for an exact reconstruction of the interior. This design is important primarily when creating thematic restaurants and cafes. But also in this way you can design and design of the apartment. But, in order to achieve maximum compliance, it is necessary to carefully study how the interior looked in the culture, how surface treatment was carried out, what furniture and household items were.
As for the ethnic mix, cultural motifs of various stylistic trends are combined here. But here it is important to carefully consider the concept of combining various household items. Otherwise, you can turn your house into a flea market. It is also important to follow the correct selection of colors. Ornaments and drawings are selected in such a way that they are perfectly suited for any of the selected areas. Subjects are selected based on thematic focus.
Choose from a wide variety of options
As previously mentioned, the ethnic style in the interior combines several areas at once. Therefore it is worth getting closer to the most popular ones.
This option is the most exotic. The color scheme here is chosen in such a way as to reflect the nature of the continent, therefore, it includes mostly warm colors. Hunting rifles, horns and stuffed animals fit perfectly in this interior. Especially prized items brought directly from Africa. It can be both originals and high-quality copies. The floor in such an interior is necessarily carpeted with a bright-colored carpet or the skin of an animal.
If you want to bring minimalistic motifs to your apartment design, then for this you should choose Japanese style. It is also great if the area of the apartment is small. A typical feature of this trend is low furniture. The color scheme consists mainly of light shades. Brighter colors can also be used, but as accents. Another typical element of this interior are sliding screens and partitions.
This style is distinguished by its thoroughness and classic design. When making furniture here are used expensive varieties of natural wood and soft leather upholstery. Despite its severity, this interior looks very comfortable. This is achieved through the use of soft carpets, rugs on upholstered furniture of various decorative elements. The set of decorative elements is very wide. It can be various statues, paintings and even family photos.
This room looks juicy, bright and cheerful. When choosing colors, preference should be given to shades of colors of the sea, vegetation, and sun. It is very important to pay attention to the light. Italian style is ideal for rooms with large windows that are literally flooded with sunlight. Artificial yellow light can also be added.
If you are planning to develop an unusual apartment design that can surprise your guests, then you should give preference to the ethno style. Ethnic style in the interior has a great variety that allows you to choose the most suitable option for yourself. But when choosing one direction or another, you should be careful that the design of the apartment does not look tasteless.