The design of a place to sleep should be thought out very carefully - taking into account the individuality of the owners of the house, their preferences and the mode of the day. If you were lucky, a separate room was found for the bedroom - and rather big, as much as 18 square meters. m - you have a great opportunity to organize a great corner for rest, relaxation and sleep. The article will look at how to equip a bedroom in a space of 18 square meters. m
We will first define what style will look best in a bedroom of 18 square meters. m
- The style is perfect if the owners of the house are people of a conservative warehouse with a traditional world view. It also implies a nearby dressing room.
- The design is luxurious, adding chic and glitter to the room, including the bedroom of 18 square meters. m. The interior involves the use of expensive materials and textiles. The style is suitable for decoration of the hall or living room.
- The classic style does not welcome overload in design, so nothing will interfere with proper relaxation. When making out the living room or space of the hall, also do not forget about this rule.
- This interior is very cozy, it creates a real family atmosphere - comfortable and warm. The classic design prefers to use furniture of light shades - white decoration with gilded elements is especially common for the bedroom. Such a contrast looks very elegant and, at the same time, luxurious, even at 18 square meters. The dressing room should be finished in the same style.
- If you do not want to use gold elements, you can replace them with bronze ones. Any room, including a bedroom, with bronze elements looks more noble and soft than with bright gold. Think over the interior of the hall as well.
How can you plan a bedroom space of 18 square meters. m, consider the options for planning and zoning:
- The combination of the bedroom and workplace. In this case, the room is placed and the bed of sufficient size, and a table with a computer or chair, perhaps - additional working shelves and shelves. The bedroom in this case can sometimes perform even the functions of the living room. Be sure to check that the elements of the recreation area and work combined. It is advisable to order all the furniture in one place, as a single project. It would be nice if the furniture modules can be easily combined - this will give greater mobility in the design of the room. A screen or even a bedside bright rug can serve as a “border” between these two zones. You can come up with your own zoning, implying an individual design.
- Layout without zoning. If there is no need to combine the bedroom with any other functional area, then you can arrange the room according to all classical canons: put a large bed in the center of the room, equip it with side tables on the sides, put an elegant banquet or soft bench to change clothes on it, etc. Of course, this interior is the most preferred. The bedroom, which is only a bedroom, will allow you to relax in the best possible way. Zoning in this case is not provided. The bedroom is often combined with a dressing room.
- Balanced space. In this case, a full bed is installed in the bedroom, but the interior is also decorated with a seating area - where you can place a soft comfortable sofa, lay a fluffy carpet on the floor, install a TV, put puffs and armchairs. In this zone, you can arrange gatherings, read, relax, communicate, that is, it serves as a lounge room. Also for the recreation area, the installation of a decent sized aquarium is perfect - watching the fish is very relaxing and gives a peaceful mood. Such zoning is an excellent design project for a teenager's bedroom.
How to save space
Of course, 18 square meters. m - this is not 8 and not 12. On 18 squares, you can turn around - so many people in our country are not available such amount of living space to arrange a separate bedroom on it. In most cases, one has to save meters one way or another - not everyone has the opportunity to comfortably accommodate themselves in huge areas of country houses and cottages. A project of a standard apartment, even if it is modern, most often cannot boast of large size. So, some tips on how to save space in the bedroom of 18 square meters. m:
- Do not put in the room huge massive bulky closets. And even more so - the wall. These pieces of furniture are not very functional and only “fill in” the space. It is preferable to use wardrobes, better - angular, as well as shelving and modular design.
- If you want to put a TV in the bedroom, it is better to hang it on the wall, rather than select a separate cabinet for it.
- The interior must include a competent zoning, thoughtful design. For example, you can combine a bedroom and a living room.
- Instead of chairs, you can put a small compact ottomans, which will perform the same role as the chair, but it will be much less cumbersome.
- The presence of a dressing room, albeit small, will significantly simplify the saving of space. After all, it will be possible to do without cabinets.
- The bedroom, combined with a balcony, also saves enough space.
Consider how it is worth making out the bedroom. Useful tips:
For the bedroom, the ideal option is a traditional wooden floor. Parquet or laminate flooring is best. Do not use stone floors or ceramic tiles. Such a cold floor will deprive the room of comfort.
It is better to use traditional wallpaper - paper, vinyl or flock, it is possible and elegant silk option. But if the bedroom is in a minimalist style and another modern one, the painted surface will fit without a decor, calm colors. With the help of well-chosen wallpaper can zoning.